Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Horse in the Window

Every once in a while memories from your childhood sneak in and hang around for a while.  I can remember as a kid spending part of the afternoon sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework.  The window was open, the warm breeze blowing the curtains back and forth, and I could hear the other kids playing around the neighborhood.  I so wanted to go join the fun but I was trapped there…stuck inside…doing homework.  In later years I recall sitting in my office looking out at the mountains wishing I could go there but again...I was trapped…stuck inside…working.  When I noticed this horse in the shop window, and studied his face I could almost feel what he seems to be feeling. Good thing it is a carved horse and has no feelings...or does he?

No comments:

Post a Comment