Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Home Sweet Home


Out on a walk I came across this little shack.  I slowly approached and peeked inside, and it was obvious that someone is living here.  I wonder how it feels to lay down at night and to try and sleep in a place like this.  What thoughts would run through your mind?  Surely it provides a small amount of comfort knowing that you are somewhat protected from the wind and snow, but it’s a desperate lifestyle to say the least.  As I stood there contemplating the who, the why, and the how of the situation, I felt so thankful for what I have compared to some.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so sad. We are very fortunate, but at the same time it makes me wonder how much this individual is doing to try and make things better? Is he/she just accepting this lifestyle or is he/she trying to get out of this shack and make a better life, but it just isn't happening? Sad either way.

    ReplyDelete