Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Spirits captivate me

San Francisco de Asis Mission Church, in Rancho De Taos, is probably the most painted and photographed church in all of New Mexico, but I couldn't resist. I love the feeling I get when I am there. This morning Mary and I were there all alone...well I know someone else was there with us...I could feel him all around.


The sun sent down warm rays from its lofty perch in the cloudless blue.  The morning was absolutely glorious and the sky was truly..."magic".

.









Like something from a George Lucas film, "Earth Ships" are an amazing sight to behold.  Standing, very out of place, in the sage brush flats; they are made from discarded tires, pop cans, earth, and glass bottles.  Whole communities are popping up with these "eco-friendly structures".  Everything, and I mean everything, is recycled and the inhabitants live in a communal atmosphere.  Art Bell has been saying for years that "they are among us". After visiting their dwellings and speaking with them...I think he might be correct.
I am captivated by the colors, the style, and the spirits of the Southwest.  We must have a thousand photos of old buildings, antique doors, and interesting windows.  I hope we have a million more before we're through

No comments:

Post a Comment